JUST RELEASED: E-SOLE & S-SOLE TEE'S - Q&A WITH LEI-MAI LE MAOW

Not so long ago received my Sole-1 "You're nothing if you ain't got sole" tee from Sole Unit, and I was over the moon with it. If you missed out on the first drop, then you're in luck...



Yesterday saw the second drop, featuring two tees: "E-Sole" and "S-Sole". 


Both tees are inspired by two of the most well known kicks in the history of sneakers. 
The Nike X Atmos Air Max 1 - Elephant, and the Nike X Atmos Air Max 1 - Safari. 
Throwing a nice twist on the hand drawn and designed typography by Lei-Mai LeMaow, seen on the first tee's, these ones are not to be missed. Especially if you have the kicks to match, or if like me, you need a supplement as you've been lusting for your feet to grow so there is a chance you could own a pair yourself. Either way, you need one...or both! 

But, who is behind the tees? I did a mini-interview with my girl Lei-Mai so you can get to know her a little better...


Name
Lei-Mai

Age
almost dirty 30... D:

Where are you based?
from Liverpool but living in the sunny Costa Del Salford!

When did you get into typography and why?
I've always been in to drawing and letters and experimenting with things like that, I used to sit when i was young and just draw alphabets all day an I used to paint a lot but I guess I started concentrating on type rather than illustration about 3 months ago after a friend inspired me!

You have quite a big following on the internet, do you ever find yourself feeling like a celebrity?
Not at all! Far from it in fact. For a start celebrities usually have loads of money, I have none of that haha. But nah it makes me cringe when people think they're famous coz a few thousand people know their name.

Walk us through a day in the life of Lei-Mai ?
Lots of workin' and then lots of lurkin'!

Is there anyone in particular who you admire or who inspires you?
Hmmm yeah I admire loads of different people for loads of different reasons, I wouldn't even know where to begin, none of them are even particularly famous, some not at all. I just admire people who are happy and have been clever in their life, mainly people who have come from nothing and made something for themselves, not even necessarily well off people, just happy people ^__^ 

What are you wearing on your feet right now?
AM1 Essential - unofficial pigeon, my favourite daily right now 

What are your favourite brands/websites/stores?
This is such a hard question, it changes all the time depending what day it is or what I want so I'm gonna cheat and say Nike, that's obvious isn't it but I just think they're so clever, also apple (what, that's a brand) again the design is simple, keeping people on their toes etc and Rockwell, it's like one of the only brands right now that I just want almost everything from plus I love parra's illustrations they're silly! As for favourite stores, I'd have to say WellGosh, I like their personal touches on social networking, it's nice and chilled. end is a great one too and hmmm one more www.soleunit.eu of course haha!

What kind of music are you into?
Hip Hop is my main love, old ish though, I can't really be bothered with all the new crap, some is ok I guess and Kanye West needs to sort himself out haha other than that I like a bit of house, hard house, techy house etc, garage, grime, reggae, dub, r&b...... loads of stuff haha 

What song do you never get tired of?
Danger Doom - Crosshairs

What are your hobbies?
Just general ish like drawing, I've rode fixed for yeeaarsss so I've been lost recently with a flatty, I think other than that, most of my hobbies have become work!

Tell us something we don't know about you.
there's not much people don't know about me, most of that has been answered to crazy tumblr anons!

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Something embarrassing happens to me every day I'm not even joking, I'm so dosey!

If I gave you an Elephant, where would you hide it? 
On the mudguard of my shoe and some of the upper! Seriously though!! When am I ever gonna get my hands on a pair of atmos elephants?

Any personal ambitions yet unattained?
Yes! I want to make enough money to stop worrying about it because that's all I've done my whole life and it's extremely boring, plus I want to buy my mum a lighthouse and go travelling with somebody special.

Thanks for having me ^__^

Popular Posts