INTRODUCING: SOPHIE OUR NEW TEAM MEMBER


We are continuing to grow our team over at Talk Casuals and after a great write up on the recent Crepe City 11 event, it only seemed fitting that we got Sophie fully on-board.
We thought, we would allow you to get to know her better by asking a few questions on her sense of style and love of trainers - also be sure to check out her instagram account over @chickinkicks92

Tell us a little about you... 
My name is Sophie or Butch (because of my surname!), I'm 22 years old and live just outside of London. I'm currently working in Topshop and have been for the past 6 years. 

When did you start getting into trainers and streetwear?
I've never really been the type of girl who loves dresses and heels, as growing up I've always worn sneakers and street wear - you'll rarely see me all dressed up ladylike! My mum and sister have always put me in sneakers since I was a baby, even if they were 10 sizes too big!!

Whats your favourite trainer of all time?
Oh that's a hard one, it would probably have to be the Jordan 3 'True blue' my grail - I finally got a pair last year from PRM store after searching endlessly for my size at a good price. 


What trainer release are you most looking forward to this year?
I'm most looking forward to the Jordan 6 black infrared which has been on my Christmas wishlist for most of the year. Lately the prices have been shooting up on them, so hopefully I will be able to grab a pair before the resellers get their hands on them! 

Have you ever passed on picking up a trainer and regretted it ever since? If so, what pair?
Too many pairs to name! I always think to myself I'm not allowed to buy more kicks then the bidding ends on eBay and I feel like I've literally lost my whole life within a matter of seconds, lol! I could of picked up a pair of Nike Air Max 95 Valentines for £12 and now there going for over £100, that was one of my upsetting regrets!

How would you describe your style? And if any, who are your style inspirations?
I like to wear things that you wouldn't normally put together as I don't want to look like a mannequin in a shop. I'm the type of person to grab a few bargains in Primark and accessorise it up with some Versace jewellery and a pair of great kicks. Working in Topshop I have to always keep up with the trends but like to put my own little twist on things. 


If you could create a trainer hybrid what would it be?
I would somehow mash together a midsole from a Nike air max 90, the style of a Jordan 3 and the strap and neoprene sock from a Trainer Huarache but with the colour way of the Nike air max 1 x Atmos 'Animal Camo' - would probably look like an Alien sneaker haha!

Anything else you'd like to add?
Be individual, don't follow the crowd; let the crowd follow you. 

Popular Posts