A DAY IN THE LIFE OF MY SHORE PROJECTS WATCH

 

Shore Projects is a watch brand inspired by the beauty and fun of the British seaside. It's a brand I have followed and been a fan of since they released their Project 1 watches, and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the versatility of their products develop and their strap options grow! 

All the watches are influenced by vintage designs, combined with strong modern day build quality. Using precision manufacturing processes this allows the watches to withstand the demands of everyday living and are waterproofed to 100m which means they are designed to even withstand swimming in the sea! They are literally ready for anything and I was lucky enough to be sent a Gift Box featuring the Cowes* face from Project 2 and four straps of my choosing!

One of the most exciting features of the watches, and my favourite feature, is the innovative strap mechanism that makes it easy to swap straps on a daily basis, so the look of the watch can change in just a few seconds. For someone who rarely wears a watch, even though I love to, I find it really difficult to wear the same watch for every occasion. The idea behind this feature is that you will never have an "it doesn't go" moment because there is a strap to match absolutely everything!


Picking my watch and straps was hard!! There was so much choice and there isn't one face or strap I don't love. I went with the Cowes face in the end, as I'm a sucker for simplicity, and it's minimalistic and clean face had me sold. Choosing the straps was another story all together though, I was endlessly swapping in and out straps to make the final 4 but in the end I went with their new Silicone Strap in the cute Mint colour*, the Classic Strap in Grey*, Mesh Strap in Black* and the gorgeous Italian Leather in a rich buttery Light Brown*.

But before I get down to talking about the watch itself, the first thing I want to talk about really is the packaging. Unwrapping this gift box was like Christmas morning! Packaging and the aesthetics of how a product is presented is a big thing for me and I was so impressed with my gift box. Each strap was individually packaged and comes with its own dust bag, as does the watch itself. Attention to detail like this can't go unappreciated and I think this element, the postcard and my new favourite tote all add to the Shore Projects experience.


The straps are SO easy to change too, you pull back the handle, place the strap into the holes and then release the handle to secure. I did think for a second "oh god this could be one of those IKEA flat packed moments" but I couldn't have been more wrong! I love swapping my straps, and for someone as indecisive as me its perfect! The straps themselves are awesome quality and more than durable to live up to my busy (and sometimes clumsy) lifestyle. 


Their attention to detail transfers and reflects throughout the product with subtle branding embossed on the straps and the Project number on the face of the watch. I was, and honestly still am, so impressed every time I swap my straps and it really makes owning a watch so much fun! I have definitely got my eyes on some other straps to add to my collection too!

Shore Projects have recently dropped their Project 3 watches which are available for pre-order now from £115. My favourites from the 6 watches in Project 3 include the Barra, Morecambe and the Lulworth. These watches have a real juxtaposing vintage, yet futuristic feel to them and I love it!


Shore Projects watches are a subtle, durable accessory, but they still make a big statement, and that's exactly what you need in a watch! I genuinely would recommend anyone and everyone invest in one of these!

Follow Shore Projects through their Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date. In the meantime, check out some more images from their Project 3 Lookbook. Make sure you also follow our Instagram @talkcasuals to see some more images of my watch up close!







Popular Posts