PUMA ESKIVA LAUNCH


Last Thursday I was invited down to the launch of the PUMA Eskiva for AW15. 

The Eskiva is a lifestyle trainer for the ladies, inspired by the PUMA Gong - a boxing shoe that originally released in the 70’s. The Eskiva champions PUMA’s athletic roots by keeping true to the original silhouette. Fusing it with modern material updates result in a stylish sleek finish. I was so excited to see the Eskiva in the flesh, for such a distinct and unique silhouette it's still such a versatile trainer. 
The pre-drop exclusive involved a breakfast from The Good Life Eatery, bubbles and getting to style our own pair of Eskivas!


We were put in front of Olivia Richardson and her camera to bring our style to Eskivas. My 'style' is never really anything outrageous - it's usually a 'Good Kicks and Chill' scenario as my trainers are 9 times out of 10 the staple piece in all of my outfits. I picked an oversized sweat from the ASOS SS16 rail to inject some subtle colour. I feel the Eskiva still allowed for me to have my 'comfort trumps everything' attitude whilst keeping an edge to my outfit. The Eskiva's are definitely the focal point! The intention for them not to be a functional boxing trainer definitely doesn't compromise their comfort. The soft leather upper and easy lacing system really does fit like a sock. 


It felt slightly awkward getting in front of the camera but Olivia made it so comfortable and with tips from Becca Dudley, it was so much fun!

These are definitely going to feature in my trainer rotation a lot. The Eskiva works the flair of a knockout into everyday street wear. I wore my Italian Plum PUMA R698 from the 'Winterised Pack' to the event, but I didn't actually want to take these off!

The Eskiva will be available from the 4th January at ASOS in several colour iterations – from classy black and white to flashy metallic renditions that instantly adds to any outfit. You can check out some more imagery below. 

If taking my own pair of these home wasn't enough, before I left the event I was given possibly one of the best goody bags ever! A white PUMA mesh vest with a gold logo adorned across the front, PUMA socks, Crep Protect wipes, and a Fujifilm Instax Mini 70! I can't wait to snap some more outfits in my Eskivas on my Intstax! Keep an eye on the blog our socials, Instagram and Facebook, to see those!

Finally, a big thanks to Canoe Inc and Puma for this experience!





Popular Posts